What’s the one advantage to Kansas City’s cold weather? The promise of warmer days, of course! What comes with those? Golf season! Like many golf enthusiasts throughout Kansas City, the anticipation of golf season is always an exciting one. Want to know the best way to gear up for another great season? How about attending the Kansas City Golf Show? That’s right, it’s that time of year again, and it’s right around the corner with tons of front door freebies.
This year, we had the pleasure of catching up with the Dick Stephens, the CEO of Varsity Communications. As the host of the Kansas City Golf Show, Varsity Communications has planned a well thought out event for local KC golfers to enjoy. It is one of many they plan each year in several cities. “The Kansas City Golf Show is our fastest growing and one of the largest we do anywhere in the U.S,” says Stephens.
Varsity Communications recognizes that, “the KC golfer is informed, likes to travel, has an interest in new equipment and trends. KC golfers can get around the metro area quicker than other markets, so playing before and after work is not as much of an obstacle as other cities,” states Stephens. Because of this, “We’ve been able to grow our interactive show model around that and build year after year.”
This year, the Kansas City Golf Show will provide a variety of entertaining events and activities to it’s visitors. There will be plenty of opportunities to test out impressive products, win great prizes, enjoy tasty food and have an overall fun experience.
That being the case, this year’s Kansas City Golf Show is sure to be an enjoyable one. With a long list of promising vendors and a host of activities for all ages, start planning your experience now to get the most out of this 3-day golfing extravaganza.
Where: The Overland Park Convention Center (6000 College Blvd, OP KS 66211)
When: February 19-21
Admission Costs: Adults- $13, Seniors (60 and over)- $11, Children (12 and under)- free.
Friday: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 4:00pm
Golf Retail, Equipment Sale & Test Zones
With nearly 5,000 square feet of golf equipment retail and test space, the Kansas City Golf Show offers the ability to browse, try, or buy a long list of the latest golf equipment brands. “Our Golfsmith new equipment lineup and sale areas will be our best yet,” says Stephens. Attendees will have the opportunity to try out all types of new and innovative equipment as well as apparel, accessories, shoes, bags and much more.
Planning on bringing the kiddos? They are going to love what the 2016 Kansas City Golf Show has to offer for their entertainment. “The new interactive zones with instruction from the Robin Nigro Golf Academy, the Kids Zone on Saturday and our weekend long focus on crowd interaction will make the show fun.” says Stephens. There will be plenty of areas and activities for children to explore and enjoy while maintaining an entertaining focus on golf.
The 2016 Kansas Golf Show will also feature an impressive lineup of guest speakers:
- David Brinker, the president of Mid America Golfing Events and 10-time RE/MAX World Long Drive Finalist.
- Patrick Cocherl III, aka Paddy Whack, a Kansas City golf entertainer. He specializes specializing in long drive competitions and trick shots.
- Skip Maiwald, the 1999 and 2008 PGA Teacher of the Year for the Midwest Section.
- Josh Nahm, one of the top 25 Elite Junior Coaches of America.
- Brenndan Cooper, the Director of Instruction for Chuck Evans Golf.
- Janine Young, among the first Titleist Performance Institute Certified and Master Golf Fitness Instructors in the world.
Additional activities include:
- Bridgestone Golf: Golfers can test out various types of Bridgestone Balls, as well as have the opportunity to receive free golf balls.
- Prairie Band & Firekeeper’s Short Game Central: Prizes include gift certificates, complimentary rounds of golf, and much more!
- Waddell & Reed’s Long Drive and KP Challenge: Test out new drivers for the chance to win prizes.
- Cable Dahmer’s Putting Challenge: Win prizes when you sink a putt! You may be invited back to the Putting Championship held on Sunday afternoon.
Don’t miss out on the Kansas City Star’s Main Stage where there will be an exciting lineup of activities throughout the weekend. There will also be a Free Lesson Area where a host of professionals will be available for free lessons. Summit Flooring & Turf will provide an impressive custom putting green where attendees can take part in putting lessons and interactive games throughout the weekend. At Michelob Ultra and Amini’s 19th Hole, you can sit back, relax and enjoy a cold drink while enjoying a game of golf. No Other Pub Drive will also be there with great food and prizes.
“Our KC Star front door freebies promotion is our best yet,” says Varsity Communications CEO, Dick Stephens. Every attendee gets free golf to Hillcrest Country Club, Old Kinderhook and Osage National, while the first 1,000 get a free round to the Lodge of Four Seasons and the first 500 get a free three-pack of Srixon balls. In addition, golfers who buy their tickets online at KansasCityGolfShow.com get a fifth free round, to Prairie Highlands. And as if that’s not nearly enough, every golfer will get a free one-year subscription to Golf Digest.
So get there early, and don’t miss out on any of the fun and excitement that the Kansas City Golf Show will provide this year.
– Carisma Logan, KC Golfer Magazine